Chances are you already know that the Land Rover is a luxury vehicle owned by Jaguar Land Rover. Tata Motors acquired Jaguar and Land Rover from Ford in 2008, bringing these two vehicles together under the same name. However, the origins of Land Rover can be traced back to as early as the 1940s. Next time you go for your Land Rover service in Melbourne, keep these handy facts up your sleeve.
Knowing where your luxury car has come from through the years, builds a deeper appreciation and value to owning one today and finding the model that best suits your needs. The team at Southbank Prestige Service Centre know their cars, and it is their in-depth knowledge luxury makes and models that makes them the best choice when it comes to your next Land Rover service in Melbourne. Here are some great facts to mull over:
- The first Land Rovers were built in 1948, however Land Rover as company wasn’t actually founded until 1978.
- Modelled after WW11-era Jeeps, the first Land Rover had the steering wheel in the middle of the vehicle.
- In these early days, you were able to buy Land Rovers that had tank tracks on them instead of wheels.
- The Land Rover is the only vehicle to have been displayed in the Louvre in Paris.
- The second Land Rover that was ever made actually had six wheels, not four.
- The one-millionth Land Rover was sold in 1976.
Land Rovers are built to last and today are synonymous with off-road adventures. Make sure you keep your pre-owned vehicle in check to ensure it continues running as smoothly as possible. If you are looking for a Land Rover service in Melbourne, Southbank Prestige Service Centre can cater to all your needs and make sure your car is in the best driving condition possible. Be sure to check us out today.