Citroen is a French automobile manufacturer that is present in nearly 90 countries worldwide. They are part of the PSA Group, which was originally formed in 1976 when Citroen S.A. and Peugeot S.A. merged to form the PSA Peugeot Citroen group. It was in 2016 PSA Peugeot Citroën became the PSA Group. There are many benefits of ensuring your luxury Citroen receives the best service in Melbourne.
Some Interesting Points of History:
- Citroen was founded by André Citroen. His father was a rich diamond merchant and wanted his son to follow in his footsteps, but André became an engineer.
- During World War 1 the Citroen factory built armaments for the French army.
- The Citroen Type A was the first European model to use an electric starter and headlights.
- Citroen Type C was released in 1922 and was nicknames the ‘Petit Citron’ as it was only available in yellow at the beginning.
- By June 1924, Citroen was producing more than 250 vehicles a day.
- It was in 1874 that an agreement was reached by Michelin and Peugeot about the merging of the two companies, which was sealed in 1976 with the formation of the PSA Peugeot Citroen group.
These days, Citroen has a variety of models on the market from hatchbacks, minivans and sedans to minibuses and more. They are still well-known for their luxury style car, highlighting the importance of regularly getting your Citroen serviced in Melbourne by experts in the industry. This can help you avoid inconvenient breakdowns and other problems in the long run, keeping safety as your first priority.
Related Tag: Citroen Service Melbourne