Peugeot is a family company, with the first car built in in the late 1800s. The French company has won many international awards for their vehicle, and they also have a very impressive history in the motor sport industry. This luxury car is synonymous with style and comfort, making it the perfect choice for your lifestyle. With regular upkeep and by getting a Peugeot service in Melbourne regularly, your vehicle will stay in top shape her for longer.
Here are 5 interesting facts about Peugeot:
- Peugeot started off as a coffee mill: while today they are known for their luxury cars, the company was originally founded in 1810 as a coffee mill by French brothers Jean Pierre and Jean-Pierre II.
- Armand Peugeot broke away from the family company in 1889: Armand focused his entire business on car manufacturing, which led to the global enterprise.
- The first Peugeot had three wheels: thanks to designer Leon Serpollet, the first Peugeot was steam-operated and featured three wheels. Only four cars like these were made and improvements were made with a new car that came out in 1929.
- During the First World War, Peugeot took up vehicle and arms manufacturing and production to help out the war effort of the time.
- Peugeot is now represented in 160 countries around the world. They celebrated their 200th anniversary in 2010 and are recognised as one of France’s leading car makers.