The Beginnings Of Volkswagen
Volkswagen, meaning ‘People’s Automobile’, was founded in Germany. The main aim of the company was to produce to manufacture the Volkswagen car now known as the Beetle. Today, Volkswagen is the third largest manufacturer of vehicles in the world.
Interesting Facts About Volkswagen
- The classic Beetle has been produced for 65 years. Over 21 million vehicles were built in this time.
- Volkswagen set seven 24-hour world speed records at the Nardo Ring.
- The shells of the two last Beetles made in Germany are now kept in wax at the VW’s Milton-Keynes parts store.
- By finding an expert in your type of car to service it on a regular basis, you will significantly add to the life of your Volkswagen. The team at Southbank Prestige Service Centre offer the best possible service. Call them today.
- Special occasions in history have been marked with a Volkswagen beetle. When the one millionth one was made, the car was plated in gold with diamond accents.
- One of the most famous Beetles is the car from the Herbie film series. That colour is still the most popular choice for people today.
- It’s famous slogan “Das Auto” which meant “the car” has been scrapped off. The new international slogan is simply “Volkswagen”.
- Make sure you take good care of your Volkswagen and have it serviced regularly in Melbourne by the experts at Southbank Prestige Service Centre.
Related Tag: Volkswagen Service Melbourne